Win a Car Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Win A Van Trade Whisky Incentive
1. Important Notice
- These terms and conditions contain certain terms and conditions which (i) may limit the risk or liability of the promoters or a third party, (ii) may create risk or liability for you; and/or (iii) may compel you to indemnify Diageo SA or a third party; and/or (iv) may be an acknowledgement of any fact by you.
- You acknowledge that by submitting your entry to the competition, you have been given an appropriate opportunity to first read and understand these terms and conditions before entering the competition and you agree to them.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
2. This promotional competition is organised by Diageo South Africa (Pty) Ltd (registration number: 1964/003344/07) (“Diageo SA”)
3. The competition commences on 1st of April 2017and ends 30th June 2017.
4. You will only be eligible to enter this competition if:
- You are a natural person over the age of 18 at the date of entry. You will be required to submit a valid South African ID book or card to verify your age if you win;
- You are in possession of a South African Driver’s License which is a valid as at the date of entry. Such Driver’s License must not be suspended or endorsed. You must not have any pending drunk driving charges or have been previously charged and found guilty of a drunk driving offence, failing which the prize will be forfeited to the promoters for a redraw;
- you are not a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to Diageo SA or participating promoters above, or any marketing service provider in respect of the promotional competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter/s or suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition, or the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such a person;
- it is not unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of any legislation or public regulation and Diageo SA reserves the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply the prize to you.
5. To enter this competition and to stand a chance to win a Chevrolet Utility Van (the “Prize”), participants must have a valid entry form with proof of purchase upon redemption
6. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner’s own account. Diageo SA and its associates, if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance of the prize, whether foreseen or not.
7. Any costs associated with the registration, “on the road” fee or similar in respect of the Prize will by the dealership. The winner will procure his or her own insurance for the Prize. Risk in the Prize will pass to the winner on delivery of the Prize. The specification of the competition display car (image and actual) may vary from the actual winner’s car.
8. The prize is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. Diageo SA reserves the right to alter the prize to a prize of comparable commercial value.
9. Entries from all participating stores will be pooled together. The winner and runners up will be drawn randomly by Diageo and the winners will be notified telephonically in that same week. If the winner cannot be contacted telephonically for a period of 7 days after the draw, the prize will be forfeited to a runner up. If the runner up cannot be contacted telephonically for a period of a further 7 days thereafter, the process will be repeated until a winner is confirmed.
10. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the competition is conditional on you agreeing to take part in such publicity. The winner will not be entitled to any remuneration for taking part in such publicity. All and any materials, including publicity materials, are the sole property of Diageo SA.
11. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner’s own account. Diageo SA and its associates if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
12. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the government or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner will be liable therefore, and Diageo SA will not increase the value of the prize to compensate for such charges.
13. Should you win the prize, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter to comply with its obligations under the CPA but not limited to (i) providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
14. Diageo SA reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prize (if it has not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which Diageo SA reasonably deems necessary. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
15. If the winner fails to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, or if they refuse to sign the Diageo SA winner declaration or the Diageo SA winner prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which Diageo SA and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
16. The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
17. Promoter’s Address: Building 4, Maxwell Office Park, Magwa Crescent West, Waterfall City, Jukskei View, Midrand, 2090.